Hair transplantation is one of the most popular hair loss replacement procedures. It entails extracting hair follicles or grafts from the patient's donor area and transplanting them into bald or thinning areas. The transplant procedure will cover the damaged area; however, most patients must take medication to decrease or stop hair loss in other parts of the scalp. Here in this blog best plastic surgeon in jaipur, Dr. Akangsha Sharma at AK Aesthetics, shares about hair transplant in detail that can help one to achieve the best and desired outcomes
Before and After of Successful Hair Transplant Surgery in Jaipur at AK Aesthetics
Learn more on hair transplant benefits and advantages book an appointment with Dr. Akangsha Sharma.
Hair transplant surgery
The hair transplant procedure is often conducted under local anesthesia, with the patient being somewhat anaesthetised on the day of the process. A typical surgery lasts 8 to 12 hours. The duration of the sessions may vary depending on the number of grafts.
Immediately following a hair transplant.
The extent of the surgery determines how a patient feels afterward.
Following the procedure, patients may experience and anticipate the following side effects:
- Swelling and bruising
- Discomfort, throbbing, and pain
- Tightness in the scalp
- The application of a bandage or dressing on the first day following the surgery
- Scabs around the donor area
- Patients will have access to the whole post-hair transplant aftercare package and professional counselling anytime after the hair transplant procedure in Jaipur at AK Aesthetics is completed. It can take up to 2–3 months for the new follicles to fully integrate and grow new hair naturally.
The new hair growth may be complex and irregular initially, but patients will soon have the youthful head of hair they deserve. Most patients have total natural hair growth within 10 months of their surgery.
Please remember that each patient's result and recovery time will vary.
Hair transplant post-operative care
Post-Hair Transplant Healing Period
It is critical that patients attentively follow the aftercare instructions provided by the surgeons.
- When patients are first discharged from the hospital following a hair transplant, they will be given an aftercare kit with everything they need, including a saline spray bottle.
- Patients must spray this on their scalp daily to speed up follicle recovery, protect against incision infection, and avoid scabbing.
- It is also critical that patients take it as easy as possible in the first few days following hair transplantation. It is not just because the treatment exhausts the body but also because resting speeds up recovery.
- Swimming, drinking alcohol, smoking, high-impact exercise, and other activities should be avoided during these days since they pose a risk post-hair transplant.
- It is also critical that patients keep their scalp hydrated with saline sprays regularly throughout this time.
- If patients must comb their hair carefully while it is still damp to avoid any bleeding or Discomfort.
Recovery and Rest Are Essential After a Procedure
- Around 5 days after the hair transplant, the scalp should be recovered enough to rewash gently.
- By this time, most of the soreness and edema following the transplant should have gone away.
- However, refrain from shampooing at this time and concentrate on delicately removing any scabs or dry skin instead.
- Even though most of the healing is complete, hair transplant doctors in Jaipur still recommend avoiding high-impact exercise following the procedure to ensure that all follicles are healed before patients resume their regular routine.
Resuming Hair Care Routine
- At this point, the scalp will likely be pink and scabbed.
- This typically lasts 10–14 days but can last longer for those with pale skin.
- This is nothing to be concerned about as long as there is no agony or Discomfort.
- The follicles will go dormant once more, and all of the newly grown hair will fall out, leaving the patient's appearance unchanged after the pink skin and scabs have completely healed.
- All this is normal; transplanted follicles will eventually produce thick, healthy new hair.
- At this point, patients can resume washing their hair as usual.
- If patients underwent the FUT treatment, their stitches would be removed seven to 10 days later.
- Exercise can typically be resumed at this stage, but it is best to consult a doctor beforehand to ensure they are totally healed and safe.
Contact the hair transplant experts at AK Aesthetics, best hair loss clinic in Jaipur, if one wants to know more about the hair transplant procedure and how it can transform one baldness into a healthy scalp with thicker hair.
- The surgeons will let nature take its course when the wounds have healed, and the patient's hair will grow naturally once more.
- Doctors will then schedule check-ups at three and six months to see how things are progressing and to take images of their progress. Doctors appreciate that life is hectic; nonetheless, please ensure that patients have these appointments on their calendars.
- This is crucial since everyone's healing process is unique, and it lets doctors ensure nothing odd about recovery. It allows patients to ask the professionals any questions about aftercare and the future growth of their hair.
Regaining Hair and Starting to Grow Naturally
- The initial natural hair regrowth will appear 2-3 months following the surgery, but it will be uneven and irregular due to all the follicles starting to act at different times.
- Most follicles should start developing hair again between 5-8 months, and by 10 months, nearly all post-op hair transplant patients will have attained total, natural, healthy hair growth.
- A trim is usually required at this point to bring all of the hair back to its same length.
Final Check-Up and Feedback
- The doctors will meet 12 months after the procedure for one final hair transplant aftercare check-up. It will involve assessing the patient's hairline and growth to determine the end result.
- Doctors often seek patient feedback on their staff and processes at this stage.
One must follow aftercare advice to achieve successful outcomes; get in touch with Dr. Akangsha Sharma at AK Aesthetics for more detail on hair transplant cost in Jaipur.